Thursday, August 6, 2015

No crying today...

As most of you know I did not pass my first portfolio class earlier this year, so I took a semester off from it, had other classes, worked on new projects and took them in for review each week.
Now, I am in portfolio class again. The first week I left in tears, not because I was told that my work was bad and I needed something new, but I was just so scared remembering how I felt the last time I left the first week compared to week 8 when I had to drop the class or fail it. The last two weeks I did not leave crying, but there was still a lot of re-do's I had to make. I'm barely passing right now, but what counts is the mid-term review which is next week. We have to show up by 11am to set up, so I took off work next Thursday. Last time I showed up on time, got a pretty good table, set up, had every single piece I was required to have and still failed, because my work wasn't good. Instead of dropping the class then, I thought I could gather some people and get things sorted out and come back by week 8, the final review week, and make it up. But I was wrong. On week 5, the mid-term review, if a student gets a letter on their table after review is over, it's a suggestion to drop the class because the work is not good. I got one last time and I don't want one again this time and I am so scared I'm going to get one. Every time I think about it, I want to cry. Not because I failed, but because I feel as though I'm being told I'm not good enough to do the thing I love.
So here are some pieces I am entering for the mid-term review. I hope I pass.

this is a print ad for a green laundromat I invented. (I made this in Illustrator)

this is an infographic I did with some facts I found on the OSHA site ( made in Illustrator)

Event posters is not my thing, I can not make a poster and I can not illustrate,
but I think I did pretty good on this one. (I made this mock up in Photoshop)

this is a coupon I made for a print ad for this brand of noodles I invented. (made in Illustrator, of course, my favorite)

Here is a billboard (we were required to have an outdoor advertisement) I did for the
brand of noodles I invented. (I do not have permission to use the picture yet)(mock up made in Photoshop)

No comments: